SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Peggi Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 17:36:58 -0400
I'm not sure if this has been sent if it has sorry for the repetion

Young Man, Inc. wrote:

> So is that spanish film? And where can we rent  it in the us?
> ======
> I think the best film I ve seen about male friendships is probably
> Eliseo Subielo s El Lado Oscuro del Corazon, the English translation
> might be The Dark Side of The Heart.
>
> Peggi Weaver
> Santiago

This is an Argentine film.  The director is the same as Hombre mirando
Sudeste "Man Looking South West".  This film was Argentina's bid for and
Oscar a couple of years ago so it should be available in major US
cities. I can't help you on exactly where you can rent it all I can
suggest is you try a good alternative rental outlet that specializes in
foreign films. Good luck I hope you can find it.

This film would also be worth watching to anyone interested in Latin
American literature, dehumanizing effects of modern society and the
semantics of the phallic icon.

Peggi Weaver
Santiago, Chile