SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

From:
Murray Pomerance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 09:47:57 -0400
I respond to Joel Snyder's comments not at all politically, but with a
technical fascination only: I'd *love* to see how he'd manage to sing
the internationale by email, and I suspect he could find a way to do it!
How, in fact, would any of us manage to "sing" anything here if we wanted
to? Or---thump thump---has email signalled the end of singing in our
culture? I'm changing the topic, of course, but only a little, since
greensfolk sing and help make movies that sing; while we write about them
and can only discuss the possibility of singing.