SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 2

Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 13:22:20 GMT
In message  <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:
> I don't think Jeremy's absence has much to do with the more casual
> tone of the group just now. It's August, most of us are on vacation
> to some degree from work, study, teaching, being taught. I guarantee
> that he never screened out anything that would have contributed to
> conversation. Read the monthly guidelines that he sends out, and you
> will know what is screened.

I don't think it's because of anything Jeremy does, I thinkit's
the fact that the time delay has gone. We're *responding* to
each other, as things are popping in and out in a more
realistic time frame. I'm a list owner, and I've been involved in
major moderating moves for a huge newsgropup, and the time element
definately makes a difference to how even a mega huge newsgroup
works.

--
Morgan