SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 1

From:
Patricia Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 22:59:25 -0400
Jill,
     I share your sentiments about the Nike ad and the Stooges.  I'm just
wondering this: do you think the ad guys thought about it on such a profound
or philosophical level?  If you don't really listen, it's possible to like
the tune merely because of its energy, etc.  You may be giving them more
credit than they deserve (or I may just be cynical).  Remember when Reagan
held up 'Born in the USA' as an example of Springstein's patriotism and the
mood of the youth of America?  It's possib;e they just stumbled into it.

Patricia