SCREEN-L Archives

July 1996, Week 2

From:
"Luisa F. Ribeiro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 14:19:10 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-09 02:20:17 EDT, Peter Latham writes:

<< I understand that Heavenly Creatures was released in two versions, one 98
 minutes and one 108 minutes long. The 98 minute version was the one
 released in North American originally. My questions are:does anyone know
 whether the 108 minute version is available on videocassette and, if so,
 how a copy might be obtained?

 Thank you for any help you might give me.
 Peter Latham >>

The 108 minute videotape version is only available abroad, I believe in
Australia and finally NZ too, but on their system (which is not compatable
with US machines). Miramax has no interest at this time in rereleasing a
disc or tape with the additional footage. The only thing I can recommend is
perhaps trying to get hold of Sam Neill's documentary, Cinema of Unease
 (being broadcast on public television this fall I think), which has a few
seconds of footage not in the North American print. Check out some of the
film's web sites, one (the one with "666" in the address) has a few more
seconds of the "missing" footage.

Good Luck.

LFRibeiro