SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

From:
Xyvind Staalen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 15:54:33 +0200
First of all: There is NOTHING LOGICAL ABOUT TIME TRAVEL, period. The whole
concept of time makes it imposible.

I do relize, though that there is something called internal logic in any
science fiction film. But any way I see it, it's quite impossible
for the insurance agent to prevent any of the apocalypse from happening.
We all saw it happening, hell Willis even experienced it! So what the
insurance agent would have to do, was to try and aquire some kind of info
on how to end the whole thing, such as a sample of the virus before it
mutates.

Of course, by the time they reach the time period where they send Willis
back to 1990, they would have known how the whole thing happened, because
it had already happened. It's like Bill and Ted playing the time game.
They could do what ever they wanted to, just by telling themselves that
they would go back in time once they got past this problem. The only
condition was that they remembered to do it, but it happened, so they
did!

Get it?

Bye!

Xye..