SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

From:
"Simone L. Fary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 08:09:06 -0400
My parents have a salon where people get together to watch and
discuss a video.  None of these people are professionals in
the field of film/video/television - they just like good movies.
Does anybody have any ideas for videos that are easily
accessible, and would inspire good conversation?  I can see
from the discussion on this list that "12 Monkeys" would be a
good candidate when it comes out on video.  Since I am new to
the list, have there been other films that have been suitable
discussed before?
        Also, if you could offer any interesting information
about your suggestion that the salon would like to hear that
would be appreciated as well.
Many thanks,
Simone