SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
Mark Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 22:37:05 -0800
I'm being interviewed about a film trailer I created and the interviewer
has asked where the history of the word "trailer" came from and I'm
actually not sure.  If anyone can tell me, this information would be much
appreciated.

I think it might have begun in the 30's when the "one reelers" would play
before a film, but I can't figure out why the name "trailer" was used.  I
know that it has become a simple misnomer of the word preview... anyway,
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Allen

Sincerely,