SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
Meret Ernst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 09:46:17 +0200
I'm working on a ph.d about the relations bewtween film (history and
theory) and art history. As my field is german art history from about
1900 to 1933 I wonder whether american film historians have ever been
asking the same questions, i.e. if and to what effects on art historical
writing/thinking art historians were going to the movies.

Does anybody know art historians of the time LIKING cinema (besides
Panofsky, of course...)? Or else is there any reference material (articles
etc.) to this subject?

Thanks,
Meret Ernst