SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
Tony Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 12:44:00 CST
 Dear Ines,
  ORANGES ARE NOT THE ONLY FRUIT was a television adaptation of British
novelist Jeanette Winterson's semi-autobiography. Since it deals with
lesbian themes it is unlikely to gain a PBS airing in this climate.
  However, what I'd recommend you do is try to contact British video
sources (unless it has been recently released on tape in the U.S.A). Perhaps,
looking at video company ads in SIGHT AND SOUND and FILM REVIEW may help. I
recall that both JUMP CUT and SCREEN contained articles on this adaptation
but I can't remember whether the latter mentioned any video source.
   Tony Williams