SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Susan Denker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 23:29:38 -0500
 Dear Screen-Lers:

 For a new course for next year tentatively entitled Women Who Kill, I am
seeking recommendations of films that are directly about women who murder
one or more people during the course of the film. If you'd kindly tell me
who gets murdered (e.g. father, mother, sister, roommate, rapist, random
strangers..) along with the recommended titles, it would be even more
helpful, since the course is organized by topic.

 I'm also interested in films depicting innocent women accused of murder.
And in documentaries about famous murderesses. Non-U.S. films would be
very welcome. My list of these is all too short.

 Please skip the ones where girlfriend goes on killing spree with
boyfriend. I can think of more than enough of those.

 Needless to say, I'd be grateful for any discussion of these films. And
if anyone can help with naming the first such film, I need this info. as
well.

 Many thanks in advance to all.

 Susan Denker
 Tufts Univ./Museum School