SCREEN-L Archives

March 1996, Week 3

From:
Yang Gao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:21:59 CDT
For twelve years, Visions of U.S. has discovered a wealth of new
creative talent in the premiere video contest of our time. This year,
it's your turn to give us your best shot. We invite you to share your
creative visiion... and have your work judged by video
professionals-with the chance to win valuable Sony prixes. Whether
you're an artist, activist or inspired amateur, Visions of U.S. is a
serious opportunity to get your footage in the door.

Submissions are invited in five categories: Fiction, non-fiction,
experimental, music video, and young people-seventeen years of age or
younger, (NON-FICTION).

Choose any home video format to create and communicate your vision:
8mm, Hi8, Digital Video, VHS, SVHS, VHS-C, or Beta. Entries must be
originally produced and we recommend that they not exceed 20 minutes
in length.

The deadline of entries: June 15, 1996.

For more information and the form of application:
Vision of U.S.
American Film Institute
P.O. Box 200
Hollywood, CA 90078