SCREEN-L Archives

March 1996, Week 2

From:
Bjorn Aas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 23:44:30 +0200
At 11:28 03.03.96 +0100, Ulf Dalquist wrote:
>When going to Hollywood in a few weeks time, I'd like to have names and
>addresses of good book stores (film, social science and general academia) and
>video stores (both the biggest and ones specialized in horror and "hard to
>get") in and around Hollywood. Anyone got any suggestions?

Just back in Norway from that city, I will reccomend that you go to Samuel
French on 7623 Sunset Blvd. It' not easy to spot, and looks unimpressive
from the outside. Indoors, it is the bookstore that have costed me most.
Very impressive coverage of theatre, film and television in all its aspects.

They have a shop in Studio City also, but the one on Sunset is better.

And when you are at that part of Sunset, go 5-6 blocks west to Virgin.
Laserdisks and videos in plenty, mostly mainstream.

Wish you better weather than we had; even snow just outside of L.A.!

Bjorn Aas, TV-lecturer, Danvik Folkehogskole, N-3046 Drammen, Norway
             (Danvik School of Media and Communication)
  Tel: ..47 3283 1290  Fax: ..47 3289 1245  E-mail [log in to unmask]
             Home-page http://www.sn.no/home/bjoernaa/