SCREEN-L Archives

February 1996, Week 3

Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:54:56 GMT
Feminism is such a broad category;  maybe you could address a
particular  "problem" in both films (e.g.,  the use of nature/women in
nature, the construction of women's domestic space, female narrative
voice.)  I think both films require an examination of race
representations (e.g.,  how is the  Black woman who kills Frank
constructed in Fried Green Tomatoes vs. representations in The Color
Purple).