SCREEN-L Archives

December 1995, Week 3

From:
Hubbard31 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hubbard31 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 23:52:53 -0500
As far as influences on music videos, I've often heard that all of Micheal
Jackson's videos especially performance footage is remarkably like Leni
Riefenstahl's "Triumph of the Will"

Still, since anyone can see almost any film ever made now with VCR's etc.
influence of one visual style over another would seem a lot harder to
pinpoint.

I mean fifteen years ago, unless you had a private viewing room, you could
only read about films not playing in your town.  Now, I can see just about
anything in my living room within a week of wanting to see it.   And then
discuss it with a professor in Norway on my computer.

Okay, so there is alot of quick cutting, but even that seems to have
exceptions....
looking forward to hearing your thoughts.