SCREEN-L Archives

November 1995, Week 4

From:
John Angelico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 09:00:52 -0800
(An aside to this thread)

I asked a Brazilian friend if he knew anything about Coffin Joe's movies. He
said no, but he also said:

I have no idea as to what Ze do Caixao (zaeh' doo kaee-shaown) is as it
pertains to films. Ze' do Caix~ao was in my time the nickname of the
Volkswagen model TL1600 (I think that is the model number, not sure),
which was called coffin Joe either because it was so ugly or because it
was so unsafe as a passenger vehicle.

Perhaps his movies are also ugly and unsafe. . . ?

John Angelico