SCREEN-L Archives

September 1995, Week 4

Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 18:46:31 -0400
--PART.BOUNDARY.0.729.emout06.mail.aol.com.811982788

here's something interesting I hope...

Dan

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.729.emout06.mail.aol.com.811982788

Filmmaking society (@ ASU)

* Statement of Purpose and Goals *

1. To foster a community of students who are interested in filmmaking and=
 network with each other (both in & out of college) to develop ideas into=
 films.

2. To help students in ASU interested in filmmaking learn and realize the=
 hard work and commitment needed to make a film.

3. Start petitioning for a serious, hands-on Film Studies program to be i=
mplemented within the ASU curriculum in the next two years.

4. To eventually show student's independent films to the entire college a=
s well as at national and international film festivals.

5. To simply have fun in the process of filmmaking! =

Future Activities
Host workshops on campus (both creative & technical)
Take a road trip to west coast film festivals
Visit local film sets in Arizona
Attend filmmaking conferences together
Advertise the club in Tempe (for financial support)
Work with other film clubs within the state (UofA, Scottsdale community, =
etc.)
Attend premier movies together
Make short, independent films (on and off campus)
COMPLETE A SHORT FILM (on video) THIS SEMESTER ON CAMPUS
        =

        As the membership grows, there will be new positions that need to be fil=
led in order for efficiency to implement the club's goals.  Presently, th=
e Filmmaking Society is led by:
        * President --- Dan Barrett
        * Vice-President --- Cristin Bell =

        * Treasurer --- Torrin Newton =

        * Campus advisor --- Alan Baker

If you have any questions, comments, or suggests, feel free to contact me=
!

Sincerely, =

Dan Barrett
President
The Filmmaking Society
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

"If I see honesty in front of the lens, then I'm satisfied behind the cam=
era "
Martin Scorsese

=0D=0D

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.729.emout06.mail.aol.com.811982788--