SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 2

From:
Mike Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 10:40:33 -0400
I'm sorry to say that I still haven't been able to locate a reference to the
statement issued by the Society for Cinema Studies, which appeared a few years
ago in "Cinema Journal" [and was written, I believe, by John Belton] on the
subject of the use of video for showing and teaching cinema.  Needless to say
the satement strongly opposed such practices and has become something of an
official position about them.  If anybody out there can offer me any help in
locating this document--even a simply reference to the issue of "CJ" in which
it appeared would do--I'd be very grateful.  It can be done through Screen-L or
to me personally at <[log in to unmask]>; or snail mail to me at
English Dep't.
Bentley College
Graduate Center
Waltham, MA 02154