SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 2

From:
"Ryan Kelley." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 05:03:38 -0400
From a students point of view I would suggest in class veiwing for several
reasons...
(1) If this is a University you must consider the fact that students living
in dorms may not have access to a VCR. I being a Film major was
recently pushed to purchase a T.V./VCR for by dor for this simple reason.
 Some people can't afford that.
(2) If your entire class is trying to find a movie in the vedio store there
will eventually be a city wide sellout and some students may not get to
see it.
(3) Obviously there is the slacker who wont rent the movie. In class you
know everyone sees it.
(4) Finally, I would much prefer to view the movie in class because of the
instan accesability of the teacher with questions that may otherwise go
forgoten.

Hope I was of some help.