SCREEN-L Archives

July 1995, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 20:35:54 -0600
On 12 Jul 95 at 17:18, Richard Brestoff commented on  "Film
Schools":

> I have a student interested in applying to the first and second tier film
> schools in the US in the hopes of becoming a filmmaker. Can anyone help
> identify such schools? What, in the opinion of SCREEN-L subscribers, are the
> best film schools these days?

Y'know, if SCREEN-L had a *real* FAQ, instead of just a guide to
using SCREEN-L, these questions would go to the top of the list as
the *most* frequently asked Frequently Asked Questions.

Some day someone will have to pull together something like this.
Till that day comes, however, we can refer you to info on film
schools that is generated by the schools themselves.  Bowling Green
State University is compiling a comprehensive list and SCREENsite
has links to several schools (including BGSU and its list).

SCREENsite's URL is:

http://www.sa.ua.edu/tcf/welcome.htm

Come on down!

 Jeremy Butler   *  [log in to unmask]   *  [log in to unmask]
      SCREENsite -- a Film/TV-studies site on the World Wide Web:
                http://www.sa.ua.edu/TCF/welcome.htm
 Telecommunication & Film Dept. * University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa