SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 3

From:
Marcus Richey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:57:08 +0200
1. I'm putting together sources for a paper on the screenplays of the Coen
Bros, Blood Simple through Hudsucker Proxy.  I'm finding articles here and
there in the likes of Film Comment, Time, Sight and Sound and Newsweek, but
that's it so far.  Can anyone suggest (scholarly type?) papers, articles,
BOOKS (are there no books out there?) that get at the Brothers Coen?  Any
and all suggestions most welcome; reply to me personally if not of interest
to the gang.

2. I understand (from stumbling across some info on a Coen Bros Home Page)
that the Coens are currently in production in Mpls/St. Paul with a new film
which I believe is called Fargo.  I'm wondering how I could get my hands on
a script--I want to include it in my treatment of their screenplays.  Any
ideas?

Marcus Richey            [log in to unmask]
University of Karlstad, Sweden      English, American Studies