SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 2

From:
Bjorn Aas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 07:51:30 +0200
>I'm tyring to find the name of a film made about five years ago that
>featured two British women who "run away from home" to Greece. One woman
>leaves her husband a note in the kitchen saying that she has gone. I
>haven't seen the film and can't find out the title without more information.
>Does this film sound familiar to any of you? Thanks!
>
>Kristine Brancolini
>Indiana University

I haven't seen any answer to your search, and have been digging deep into my
memory to get the name of the film. I believe I have seen it, and if I'm
right, I enjoyed it thorougly. The title is probably Shirley Valentine,
filmed in England and Greece in 1989.

Originally a play, with only one woman on the stage. This stage version ran
for more than a year here in Norway (and that's a lot for such a small
population). The film received mixed revievs, as you can see on the Movie
Database in Cardiff, England.

Bjorn Aas, TV-lecturer, Danvik Folkehogskole, N-3046 Drammen, Norway
             (Danvik School of Media and Communication)
Tel: ..47 3283 1290 Fax: ..47 3289 1245 E-mail [log in to unmask]