SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 2

Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 13:33:59 CDT
 There are actually many groups and people working on these efforts -  one is
the Association of Independent Video and Filmmakers are actively organizing
around this effort.  Thy have a bulletin board on America On-Line, through
the Abbate Video site (Go keyword Abbate).   I am President of their Board,
and actually printed a copy of a message you write some time ago lauding
independent media on PBS and brought it to a board meeting.  I hope you don't
mind!!!

ITVS, the Independent Television Service, based in Minneapolis, has lots of
information on the subject.  They have a WWW site but I don't have the e-mail
or http site handy.  The Center for Media Education in Washington, DC, also
is very actively organizing.  I believe they too have a WWW site.  If not,
they are certain to have an e-mail address.

And as Gary Handman mentioned, the National Alliance of Media Arts and
Culture (they used to be the National Alliance of Media Arts Centers) in
Oakland, CA is also organizing.  They have an Abbate Video site on AOL.

If you want e-mail addresses for any of the above, just e-mail me and I'll
dig them out.

Debra Zimmerman
Women Make Movies