SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

From:
Ellen McCracken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 14:37:11 CDT
Thank you Kristin Brancolini for taking the time to look up a reference
useful not only to the person asking but to many of us reading.  Can we
be a little kinder to those of us not teaching at research universities
with massive library holdings?  Creekmur's comment to the person looking
for information on Duras struck me as harsh and intimidating to those
beginning to work in the field.  This list has functioned most
effectively from what I've seen when so many pool their resources as
occurred in the "recorded messages" exchange.

My sincere query now as a non-film expert concerns "Toto le heros" which
I saw for the first time on Bravo last night.  How could such a well done
film have portrayed a TV playing in the hospital nursery fire scene, when
the adult character is now in his late 60s or 70s?  Was this anachronism
discussed in earlier writing on the film?  Did I misview this scene?  Any