SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 3

From:
Dan Streible <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:25:35 CDT
Jan Todd, a scholar at the Univ. of Texas, has asked me to post the
following query.  Responses may be sent to me, or to her

"Steve Reeves of Hercules fame was here last week to see our [Sports
History] library and the Texas springtime.  He is now 68 or so and is
trying to collect his retirement money from the Italian Film Board [or
whoever he paid it in to.] Steve made 16 Italian films which he should be
credited for in his retirement payemnts.  However, the
beauracrats handling his application are only crediting him for 7 and have
told him that he will have to prove that he made the other films in Italy.
        According to Steve, they want him to show proof--via copies of
posters or
ads in Italian, that he made the films. They have told him that they will not
count ads in English.  So--what would you advise?  Is there an Italian film
encyclopedia/directory?  Is there an Italian film scholar who might be
willing to help him that I can reach via E-Mail?"

much thanks,
Dan Streible