SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 09:13:17 CST
Forwarded by Jeremy Butler.

--------------------------original message-------------------------------
Date:    4/13/95 3:41 AM

The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is pleased to announce a
new resource for artists and others on the Web. NYFA is one of the
largest funders of artists in all disciplines in the country and
provides a host of other funding, management and information
services for artists and their organizations in New York State and
across the nation. Arts Wire, the national on-line network for the
arts, is just one of the Foundation's many programs.

Now, the Foundation has launched its own home page that allows viewing and
downloading of information on its services. Learn about the
fellowships and residencies available for artists, discover how your
project could be sponsored by the Foundation and what fiscal,
management and information services are available.

Over the next few months, an increasing number of our guidelines,
application forms and events will be displayed. Currently the
guidelines for our National Dance Residency Program (awarding $1
million a year to choreographers working closely with dance
companies) are available. Guidelines and application form for our
innovative new grant, The Catalogue Project, can now be downloaded
and used to apply for the $5,000 grants to enable women
photographers over the age of 40 to create catalogues for their
exhibition.

Also, soon to be linked to our page, will be weekly updated news
about First Look, a program designed with Eastman Kodak and Tribeca
Film Center to showcase fresh talent and bring together
the New York film industry on a regular basis.

So check out the resources increasingly available on the NYFA home
page at (http://www.tmn.com/Artswire/www/nyfa.html). For direct
information email David Green, the Foundation's Director of
Communications at [log in to unmask]