SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 2

Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 16:48:18 CDT
I believe that educating deals with actually learning something.  You can be
entertained without learing anything and if you are educated you actually
retained some information that was useful in some way.

I do believe the best education is entertaining because you are able to
retain the information and enjoy it at the same time.  However, if an attempt
at fusing education and entertainment is made the information can be diluted
in such a way that the information is lost by the student!

Educators must be careful at not doing this and we must make sure that what
we want to teach is actually what is being learned!

Marshall