SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

From:
Murray Pomerance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 18:55:54 CST
Renato,

I sympathize with your deep feeling about Antonioni.  A lot of people
writing on this list have neglected to mention, if they noticed, that
Jack Nicholson was responsible, in fact, for a MAJOR collaboration with
Antonioni, because his performance was very much at the core of THE
PASSENGER.  I thought it interesting to see that shot on the screen
behind him, and to see his face.  Those who think he was cynical, I
think, have entirely missed the fact that he was himself on the verge of
tears at that moment.