SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 20:09:22 CST
William Brooks wrote:

> ...not a single person of color stepped up to the podium to accept an award,
> with the exception of the special award that Quincy Jones received.

I, too, noticed the lopsided-ness of the awards.  However, I've come
to realize that this year's ceremonies may have been the perfect
complement to the Newt Gingrich-fueled political goings-on in the
U.S. over the past 6 months.  After all, the winners were mainly
white people, with the biggest winner of all being a man of
questionable intellect.  :)

Christopher White