SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

From:
Klaus Eder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 1995 19:41:10 CST
----------original message----------------------------------------------
>From:    Gloria Monti <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cannes Film Festival
>
>        Anybody knows anything about students working at the Cannes Film
>Festival?  One of my students asked me and all I know is that I saw
>American students working in the American Pavilion in 1992.
>        Any leads?  Phone numbers?  Anything?  Thank you.

I don't think the Festival itself will engage students. Never saw it. But
a big part of the festival is not run by the festival itself: the market.
It takes place in the "bunker" itself, in a lot of tents and pavillons
around, and in some hotel suites. There indeed might be chances to find
a job. Only, the way would be to contact the exhibitors directly -- the
festival wouldn't have any influence. Your student should find out (good
exercise) which American exhibitors will be going to Cannes; and should
contact them. Same could be done with some British exhibitors like the
British Film Institute in London (installing every year a big pavillon).
By the way, to know at least some French wouldn't be too bad for a job
in France.

Because of the presidential elections in France, the festival was post-
poned for one week: May 17 to 28.

Hope this helps.

Klaus

Klaus Eder