SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 1995 13:22:45 CST
I sent information to Rea in eMail about my experiences with Karaoke, but I
thought I'd share this with the rest of y'all...

Birgit, see if you can find the Pioneer line of Karaoke laser disks...they
all have "original" video images to go along with each song. Albiet, the
production values are kinda sorry, and the pix themselves kinda lame & hokey,
but it makes for a somewhat interesting background to the words & music. As a
matter of fact, I used to indtall these systems in bars, and hook up all
thier TV's to the LD player so all can "enjoy" the pictures. For bigger jobs,
we'd bring a portable "studio" and shoot the singers in front of a chroma
wall, then keying them over the images on the LD, or some other bizzare
source that we had laying around. Then this composite image was sent to all
the TV's in the bar for all to **ahem** "enjoy"......

ahhh.....the things we do for a buck....