SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 15:49:40 CST
My name is Erik Bauer, and I'm the managing editor of Creative Screenwriting.
 We are currently planning to focus our Summer 1995 issue on "Writing for
Documentary Film and Video."  I'd appreciate you disseminating our call for
articles to UFVA members.

CALL FOR ARTICLES:
Writing for Documentary Film and Video
A theme issue of Creative Screenwriting is now being planned on the topic of
"Writing for Documentary Film and Video."  Articles may investigate any and
all issues involving writing for documentary and informational film and
video.  Suggested topics include:
 1. The presence/absence of an individualized voice in documentary writing.
 2. Writing for neo-documentary film and TV, or informational film and TV.
 3. Analysis of screenplays based upon actual events, blending fact and
fiction (MOW's, Adaptations, etc.).
 4. Interviews/script reviews with Ken Burns, Geoffrey Ward, Anna Hamilton
Phelan, David Putnam, the writers/directors of Hoop Dreams.
 5. Writing for continuing series (NOVA, nature programs, etc.).
 6. How to: The process of building a documentary script.

   Other relevant interviews and script reviews are also encouraged.
 Generally, articles should be ten to thirty-five, double-spaced pages and
carry notes at the end.
   Inquiries and three copies of manuscripts should be sent to Editorial
Office, Creative Screenwriting, 816 E. Street NE, Suite 201, Washington, DC
20002.  (202) 543-3438.

The deadline for submission of essays for this issue is May 15th, 1995.

 You may also wish to inform your members that Creative Screenwriting offers
a Free newsletter for writers.  Electronic or hard-copy subscriptions to the
quarterly newsletter can be ordered by sending a request to [log in to unmask]

 Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Erik Bauer
Managing Editor