SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

From:
Klaus Eder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 20:14:28 CST
>From:    Abe Mark Nornes <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Rotterdam Film Festival

>This site is very sharp;  everyone ought to check it out.  The thought of
>putting our catalog and other information online has cross our minds at the
>Yamagata Festival, but when I think of doing it on a film festival schedule
>it doesn't sound very fun.
>
>In any case, I am sure that other big festivals will be going online.  We
>should ensure that these online catalogs stay on the net.  They contain
>good information for anyone searching for filmographies, and especially
>source addresses.  If Rotterdam, for example, does not have the resources
>to keep their catalog on that server, they (we?) should ensure that it
>finds a home elsewhere.  Jeremy, perhaps this is a place the Screen-L site
>could step in?
>
>Markus
>Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival

What about Yamagata? Would be nice to get the catalogue and other material
on the net. Same for Fukuoka (important for Asian movies).

I'll talk to Emile Fallaux, Rotterdam's director. Maybe he can keep his
site open.

And I try to convince the Berlin Festival (starts in two days) to do the
same work, next year.

Toronto (September) had installed a computer with an access to Internet.
Maybe they also could join the party.

Klaus

Klaus Eder