SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 1

From:
Abe Mark Nornes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 15:07:36 CST
Klaus wrote,

>The Rotterdam Film Festival has installed a www. Please try:
>
>http://www.fbk.eur.nl/FFR

This site is very sharp;  everyone ought to check it out.  The thought of
putting our catalog and other information online has cross our minds at the
Yamagata Festival, but when I think of doing it on a film festival schedule
it doesn't sound very fun.

In any case, I am sure that other big festivals will be going online.  We
should ensure that these online catalogs stay on the net.  They contain
good information for anyone searching for filmographies, and especially
source addresses.  If Rotterdam, for example, does not have the resources
to keep their catalog on that server, they (we?) should ensure that it
finds a home elsewhere.  Jeremy, perhaps this is a place the Screen-L site
could step in?

Markus
Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival