SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 14:44:50 CST
>I am interested in finding out information about "Slamdance," >the
>alternative festival to Sundance which is being held >concurrently at Park
>City, Utah. It would be really cool if they had a web page, too, >like
>Sundance. Anybody know anything about it?

The word on the street here in Salt Lake and in Park City is that the
slamdance festival is made up largely of films that were rejected by
Sundance.

Screening are $3 each and most are taking place at the University of Utah
with one theater in Park City  (the Yarrow) showing a few films.  As far as I
can tell not too many people are taking Slamdance seriously, althouth I heard
that a few of the films are work seeing.  Frankly, everyone is so busy at
Sundance that I am sure some good films are being ignored at Slamdance.
 Actually some good films are being ignored at Sundance as well!

the Slamdance Hotline # is:  801. 942.1884

Cheers
-Douglas Hunter