SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 11:00:05 CST
Author:  John Aber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:    1/3/95 5:45 PM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

Even though I try to use film as much as possible in the classes I
teach, I do sometimes use video tape and laser disc.  Right now, I'm
shopping for a new video projector to use with discs and tape.  The
old one, an 8-year-old Panasonic, is causing problems.  Does anyone
have any suggestions?  What kinds (makes? features?) should I consider?
(I use a fairly large room--20' X 50'--and usually screen films to twenty
students at a time.)  Please reply to my personal address if you think a
discussion of video projectors would not be of general interest.

Thanks for your help.

John Aber
College of Mount St. Joseph