SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 21:54:56 CST
>Author:  Marti Mangan <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:    1/4/95 5:32 PM
>
>Do any of you film librarians know where I could rent (for classroom
>purposes) a print of Imitation of Life (Stahl, 1934) starring Claudette
>Colbert?  Thanks.

I haven't checked recently, Marti, but the last time I looked (four or five
years ago) IMITATION OF LIFE (1934) was not available in 16mm.  There was a
print floating around in the '80s when Swank (?) was handling Universal
films.  I think now that the rights may be controlled by Turner, but I'm
really not sure.

If anyone can clarify where the 1930's Universal films have wound up I'd be
most grateful.

P.S.  I used both IMITATION OF LIFEs in my dissertation so I've got kinda a
vested interest in this...

  Jeremy Butler                                  [log in to unmask]
  SCREEN-L Coordinator                         [log in to unmask]
  Telecommunication & Film Dept. * University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa