SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 1994 00:29:37 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date:    12/25/94 1:00 AM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

Research/Production Intern Wanted!

We're looking for a college student or a recent grad to help us with our
latest documentary, due for release this spring. Sorry, there is no pay for
this position (don't feel bad, we're not getting paid either) but you will
get screen credit and we'll do what we can to help you earn college credit.
This is a great opportunity for a talented young videomaker to get a head
start in guerilla television.

DUTIES:
- assist Producer with screening of potenital interview subjects
- develop interview leads in unconventional areas
- compile secondary sources and additional research material
- assist Producer with interview tapings (all on-location)

REQUIREMENTS:
- you must live/study in the Philadelphia Area (Del. Co. preferred)
- you must have reliable transport or access to SEPTA
- strong research and/or journalism skills (experience helpful)
- some video production experience (just the basics - we'll train)

YOU'LL GET BROWNIE POINTS IF:
- you have any field production experience, especially with Hi8
- you can conduct solid interviews on a variety of subjects

WHAT TO DO NOW:
- tell us about yourself (especially your career goals) in a cover letter,
attach a resume and mail them to this address:

SPINCYCLE MEDIA, INC.
Attn: Joe Taylor Jr. - Dept. BGV
P.O. Box 9
Darby, PA 19023-0009

or, send your letter/resume via e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

Resumes will be accepted until 13 January 1995.
Interviews will take place between 16-27 January 1995.

Internship will require approximately 10 hrs./week (built around your
schedule) from February to April. No phone calls or "Spam," please.