SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 3

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 12:44:39 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask] (Marty Jukovsky) at SMTP-LINK
Date: 12/17/94 1:08 AM

I regard My So-Called Life's being put "on hiatus" as a tragedy--in the narrow
sense of a good work of art getting trashed. This is an exceptional show with
complex, often moving characters. Like all people--especially teenagers--they
are unfinished, becoming, in a state of going somewhere. They are not
finished, pat characters acting out ideas or contrived situations. Both my
daughter (age 10) and I (age 57) look forward to MSCL every week and are
saddened at its probable passing. My local station here in Boston says
they've been getting a lot of positive calls about the show; they gave me the
following to contact:

ABC Productions
2020 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

ABC Advisory Hotline
1-800-213-6222

Are there other numbers to call or addresses to write to? I'd hate to see
this show go the same way as Civil Wars, Cop Rock, and other cancelled-out
gems. Is it possible to get Nickelodeon or PBS or A&E to pick up the series?
Can we get a grass-roots movement going to save My So-Called Life?

Martin Jukovsky
Cambridge, Mass.