SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 20:10:25 CST
Thanks one an all for your comments regarding the moderating of
SCREEN-L.  Sure 'preciate the input.

It seems pretty clear that the consensus is in favor of moderating
SCREEN-L.  Maybe 'Net noise is starting to jangle folks' nerves or
something.  In any event, there doesn't seem to be much sentiment in
favor of a wholly free-wheeling SCREEN-L.

This evening I'll return SCREEN-L to its moderated status.  I plan to
run it from a different e-mail account (man, these things do
proliferate, don't they?  I must have a dozen of the little critters)
than I did before.  This may result in a bug or two till I get things
rolling smoothly.

Thanks for your patience.

And, as far as moderating goes, I plan to use the criteria I posted
back when this issue first came up.  This time, unlike the trial
period, I will not be saving the rejected messages.

For SCREEN-Litarians, submitting messages works as before:  Just
mail 'em in to [log in to unmask]  When you do, you'll get a note
saying that it was submitted to the "editor" (i.e., moderator; i.e.,
Jeremy Butler).  Then, when I forward it to SCREEN-L and the message
is sent out to all subscribers, you'll get a second notice saying
that your message was successfully distributed.

Any questions?  Let me know...

--Jeremy

Jeremy Butler                                       [log in to unmask]
Telecommunication and Film Dept. * University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa