SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
Jennifer Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 23:59:50 -0800
I can think of ONE very EXCELLENT reason :  If the quality is even
remotely reasonable, then shooting in video for film output would
drastically reduce production costs, allowing low budget filmmakers
access to CGI FX which currently are simply cost prohibitive.  I realize
that studio's and giant FX houses have a vested interest in keeping costs
of decent equipment out of reach of low budget filmmakers...but I would
hope that you would at least have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say.

Jennie