SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
jajasoon tlitteu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 10:15:13 -0600
Yes, albums used to be available but, like most vinyl, are long gone.

Yes, videos used to be available and maybe still are, though I've been told
that they're not.  I have three of the four video collections (Grammar,
History, Science: missing Multiplication) and would recommend them almost
whole-heartedly.  The only problem with them is that they are introduced/
moderated by Cloris Leachman (clearly hard up for funds) and a bunch of
"cute kids" who are singing really horrible songs and look like they're all
been gassed with happiness drug.  It's too bad to even be enjoyable, but I
look at it as penance for getting to the good stuff.

I heard that ABC was going to put them back on the air this season, but
don't know whatever came of that.

In terms of the cover band thing, I had heard about the compilation album
as well, but that was a while back and those things fall apart easily, so
who knows.  A former band of mine did a SR medley, so I know many lyrics &
music, if that's what you're looking for.

Personal favorite:

Rufus Xavier Sasparilla (a tremendous ad for pronouns)

Good luck finding what you're looking for & let me know if I can help.