SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 13:10:09 -0500
On Sun, 4 Dec 1994, Irene Upshur wrote:

> Initially, I was as skeptical as the respondent you speak to.
> Now that you mention you used mixed sources,ANYONE can see your point. Oliver
> Stone did it very successfully in NBK.

Successful????? Natural Born Killers???? If anything Stone continues to
prove how transparent looking he can make a film, (rapid montage really
just should not be abused the way he does.) It seems that since the FNW
most filmmakers realize that the sense of depth is much better preserved
when one avoids cutting constantly from one shot to the next, but.....