SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 11:53:46 -0600
I want to thank Ellen Edgerton for her intelligent comments on Branagh.  As
someone (Tony Williams?) suggested, we are caught in a curious position if
we look at Branagh as the new Boy Wonder Auteur of the Decade. A fuller
accounting of his films (as of Olivier's) must take the different levels
of production and collaboration into account. On a similar note, Welles's
CHIMES AT MIDNIGHT evolved in part from his attempt to do a stage epic of
 the Henriad.

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN