SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 5

From:
Corey Creekmur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 10:42:50 CST
        I agree that Foothill Video (and another company whose holdings
generally overlap, Nostalgia Family Video) can't be beat for selection
combined with price, but almost everything I've ever ordered from them
(lots of Clara Bow films and the two Westerns Louise Brooks ended her
career with!) and really, really poor in sound and image quality.  For
films I have never seen, this is maybe worth putting up with, but on the
whole I'm often disappointed with their stuff.  I'd like to hear if anyone
out there knows of sources for good copies of the sorts of films (usually
public domain) these places sell (such as Grapevine Video, which generally
has wonderful quality, but if it doesn't, will tell you so frankly in their
catalog).