SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 4

From:
J Roberson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 1994 17:19:42 CST
>>BTW, a TS butch dyke friend of mine *immediately* read the "woman truck
>>driver" as a bull dyke. . .it's not specified in the movie, though.

>My understanding of misogyny is that it applies to all women.  I didn't know
>that "bull dykes" were immune.
True, misogyny applies to *all* women. I neglected to mention that my
butch-dyke friend thought Bernadette's response was a riot (as in immensely
funny). If a dyke can laugh at another (very belligerant) dyke getting
slammed, why can't we?

"Smokin' Cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo. . .don't tell me I have
nothin' to do. . ." - The Statler Brothers
J Roberson      [log in to unmask]