SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 1

From:
Murray Pomerance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 20:15:49 -0500
Jeffrey,
Clear something up for me, would you?  When you write, "These fem nazis
are all just a bunch of male bashers, and we don't need them," aren't you
being somewhat "nazi" yourself?  I put nazi in quotes intentionally,
because I'm not in the business of finding and labelling nazis.  But I do
know they were very interested in finding and labelling persons who
bothered them for reasons they often themselves didn't understand, and
then "getting rid of" them.  Discuss with feminists--if that is what you
mean--of course, and even argue; and make your case, if you have a case.
But why "get rid of" them?  What's "get rid of"?  There are people here
arguing the list manager should "get rid of" you, and I note with some
relief that he hasn't exactly done that yet.  "Getting rid of" isn't the
central issue, is it?