SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 14:43:06 CST
Andy Miller writes:
"On "aquaria": I agree that "Lady From Shanghai" is seminal. As for the
Hong Kong fishtank motif, that reminds me of a similar scene in (ugh)
"Lethal Weapon 2".  There's also the "gazing into the fishtank" scene in
Altman's "Short Cuts" (the part based loosely on Carver's "Neighbors"). I
guess yuo could count "Monty Python's Meaning of Life", though in that case,
the fish are really actors. . ."

I don't think anyone's mentioned those tanks full of sharks, piranas (sp?),
etc. that James Bond always encounters in various Bond films.

But this has taken us somewhat far afield from the original request for
goldfish!

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN