SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 1

From:
gilbertsmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 22:20:51 EDT
> Ok, I'm sorry for anyone who was offended, but do not make assumptions about
> me and any of my beliefs.  I am not some radical right wing hatemonger.  i
 have
> participated in discussions in the past on this list, and was mearly doing so
> here.

Even though this person's message was quite offensive, I think it is
sort of silly to demand an apology.  Apologies are valid only if
offered freely.

In the interest of freedom of speech, it seems to me that everyone
should just take this attack for what it is--a tacky flame.  Name
calling is sometimes part of the game, no?  Deleting someone from a
public list seems rather drastic, and... well... *tacky*.

To engage in this activity, sometimes a thick skin is advisable.
Anyway, they are only words.  I think silence is the best defense.
--ggs