SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Stephen O'Riordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 08:52:41 -0700
>On Sat, 22 Oct 1994, Timothy Garrand wrote:
>
>> I am developing a first year student, general education, human rights
>> particular films or movements, particularly in Africa(my weak point) and
>> textbooks suitable for first year students?
>>
>> Thanks,

Here are a couple of very good African Films
Ta Dona
Lumumba
Touki Bouki
Afrique, Je Te Plumerai
Allah Tantou
Finzan
Saaraba
La Vie Est Belle
Wend Kuuni
Yeelen
Zan Boko

Hopefully some of these titles will help.  They are all worth watching.
Calif. Newsreel distributes all of these titles
Stephen

Stephen O'Riordan
Film/Video Archives
Media Center, UCSD